Terms And Conditions
Application of Terms and Conditions
- These Terms apply to each member of Dark Horse Betting.
- By becoming a member of Dark Horse Betting, you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not apply to be a member of Dark Horse Betting unless you are of legal age to gamble in the country of which you are a resident, or are over 18 years old (whichever is higher). If you are otherwise precluded from betting under the laws of the country in which you are resident, then you are not permitted to join Dark Horse Betting.
- The Terms shall be deemed accepted by you upon the earlier of your: (i) joining Sportsbet through a Dark Horse Betting affiliate link or (ii) joining the Dark Horse Betting Program.
- Dark Horse Betting may make changes to the Terms from time to time, and Dark Horse Betting will make a new copy of the Terms available on its website. You understand and agree that if you continue to participate in the Program after the date on which the Terms have changed, you are deemed to have affirmatively accepted the updated Terms. If you elect not to continue to participate in the Program following such changes, your only remedy is to terminate your participation in the Program, which you may do at any time, with no fees or charges.
- Dark Horse Betting will pay 50% of its net profit for the month to the member who picks the longest priced winner for the month.
- For the avoidance of doubt, 'net profit' refers to the commission income received as an affiliate of Sportsbet, as determined periodically by Sportsbet.
- In order to be eligible to receive the monthly giveaway, the following conditions must be met:
- Every Dark Horse Betting member must have opened their betting account through Sportsbet via the link sent by Dark Horse Betting, or via relevant promotional codes which will attribute the account to Dark Horse Betting as a Sportsbet affiliate.
- In order for a member to be eligible to receive the giveaway, the winning bet must have been placed using the members affiliated account, and must have been logged by the member on the Dark Horse Betting website.
- The winning member must have placed a minimum bet of $20 in Australian Dollars.
- The selection must have been made, and the bet posted on the Dark Horse Betting website at least 5 minutes prior to the advertised event start time, as determined by Sportsbet.
- Upon reaching the end of each month (defined as the last day of each month), a winning bet will be determined. The member who placed this bet will be required to show proof of the relevant betting transaction. This will then be verified by Dark Horse Betting.
- Once the bet has been verified, the winning member will be contacted to arrange the delivery of the giveaway prize.
Privacy and use of Information
- We are committed to ensuring that your privacy and personal data are protected and that any personal information we collect in relation to you is used, stored and disclosed only in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Dark Horse Betting aims to minimize the need for personal information required for the profit return program, and will seek no information other than by the permission of each individual member. In order to confirm a winning profit share event, Dark Horse Betting requires permission to confirm that the relevant bet was valid (i.e. the bet was validly placed, was above the minimum outlay required, and the bet was honoured by Sportsbet). For this purpose the decision of Sportsbet is final and determinative.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, the member acknowledges and permits Dark Horse Betting and its representatives to contact Sportsbet to seek the relevant confirmations.
- The details provided to Dark Horse Betting will be no more than is required to confirm the minimum acceptance conditions of the single winning bet as per 3.2.
Time Stamped Bets
- As per 2.3, each selection must be submitted to the Dark Horse Betting website at least 5 minutes prior to the advertised start time of the event that the member chooses to bet on.
- Each selection is time stamped by our secure server to ensure that selection was entered prior to the event starting.
- The time stamp on the website will be deemed final and determinative.
The Sportsbet Affiliate Program
- As a member of the Sportsbet Affiliate Program, Dark Horse Betting is subject to certain Sportsbet terms and conditions. As part of these conditions, Sportsbet may at any time terminate the membership of Dark Horse Betting as a Sportsbet affiliate.
- Dark Horse Betting does not form part of the Sportsbet group of companies, and is privately owned.
- Members who are found to be posting bets on the Dark Horse Betting website inaccurately and dishonestly will be forfeit their Dark Horse Betting membership, and may be referred to the relevant authorities.
- All bets are compared for legitimacy against data provided from Sportsbet.
- Dark Horse Betting is intended to provide the opportunity for a greater community of people to share in the revenues of sports betting. We encourage our members to gamble responsibly. We do not intend to provide inducements to open accounts, merely to engage an online community in a sharing of information and enjoyment of sports wagering.
- Dark Horse Betting takes its obligations towards spam marketing very seriously. We do this because it is fundamental to our business. The email direct marketing guidelines and policies serve to protect Dark Horse Betting, and email reputation with customers, Internet Service Providers (Google, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) and spam services including Spam Cop, Spam Assassin, Goodmail, Bonded Sender and others.
- If you believe you have received any correspondence from Dark Horse Betting in an unsolicited, or otherwise intrusive manner please inform us immediately.